Own your own scanner/radio
If you’ve wanted to listen in to team radio and track announcements- now you can do it yourself for about the same price as rental! Plus you’ll be able to do it every year afterwards at no extra cost.
Cars are input on channels that correspond with their number. So if you see a car pulling into the pits, or watching the lead change- perhaps a crash just happened- you should be able to type in the car number into your radio to skip directly to that frequency. All car and track frequencies are set with “Duplex off” to avoid accidentally transmitting on these frequencies.
View Frequencies List
View Bonus Frequencies List
View Backup Secondary Frequencies List
DOWNLOAD CHIRP COMPATIBLE CSV FILE
What You’ll Need
Adapter to make Headphones work
- Howard Leight 1030110 Sync Noise-Blocking Stereo Earmuff (Same day Prime eligible)
- Howard Leight by Honeywell 1010390 Hi-Vis Radio and MP3 Ear Muff(built in radio)
- Earbuds – use your own, and then add some standard headphone ear protection (safety, and better ability to hear radio transmissions)
- 3M Peltor H10A Optime 105 Earmuff (hearing protection only- use your own earbuds)
Chirp Programming Software
- Download Chirp:
- Learn how to install Chirp and necessary drivers:
- The Miklor site is the best out there for Baofeng info!
Other Chirp compatible radios
If you already own or want to buy something other than the Baofengs listed above- the Chirp software should be able to program any of the following radios.